Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Should I stay or should I go now?

Sounds like a bad song, doesn't it? Pretty much sums up my day.

There are some weeks that you are windshield, some weeks you are the bug. This is definitely a bug sort of week. :)

It has been a whirlwind. We went to look at houses last week, and wouldn't you know it, I went and fell in love with one. After having both of our parents look at it, they gave it the 50 times over, and then we put in an offer. The offer, of course, is contingent on us selling our house. And we put in a REALLY low offer to get the ball rolling.

That is where the roadblock hits. After speaking with the realtor today, he says he doesn't think our house will get any more than $7000 less than what we paid for it. Hmmmm, that does put us in a bit of a quandry. So, hence the title, should I stay or should I go now?

The last several nights, I prayed that I didn't want to worry about it anymore, and that God can have it all. Now it feels as though he has generously thrust the ball back in our court. When I meant you can have it, I meant it. Really, it's all yours, just light the path.

And yet I feel as though the path has a series of tests. Like test #1, do we put our house on the market, and see what happens? Or is the news from the realtor the answer we need? Do we stop here? And assume that they will say no, and leave it be?

Or is this a discouragement from Satan? Is he putting in another whisper, "See, you aren't good enough to have that bigger house. Nothing ever works out for the Groens."

I just don't know. So today, I have no words of wisdom, no pearls of faith. I am struggling to find my faith path as well.

So God, if you happen to be out blogging tonight, this ones for you......

No comments: