So, yesterday, we went to the hopping, never dull lively Tulip Festival in Orange City. I have to admit, every year, when it comes up, I secretly pray that no one asks us to go. I have a strong loyalty to
Pella, and therefore, is it traitorous to go to another town's Tulip Festival?
The day was beautiful, and I had missed Pella's this year, so of course, I missed all of the food, so, with trepidation in my heart, we went. Better than sitting in our basement watching Mike play Wii all day, anyway.
It was a beautiful day, but it is not the same.....
The tulips were fabulous....
The parade was fine.......

(These are Mike's cousins, by the way, not some random people I took pictures of during the parade :))
And the food was pretty good.......
Slight tangent here. When I told Mike that I thought we should go, his first comment was "I am only going if I get to eat Poffertjes." Poffer - what? I will explain for those of you out there unaware of the this delectable treat.
Poffertjes are heavenly, sweet, fat filled pieces of goodness, that make any Dutch girl happy. And evidentially, the make German boys happy too. And little daughter of said Dutch girl andGerman boy. We managed to eat at least three platters in one afternoon. I am fully convinced that God will have Poffertjes in Heaven.
The heavenly treat....

Jaina enjoying herself with the "little pancakes"

However, I need to tell you, in Pella, you can get them with strawberries and whipped cream. This is something that I need to point out.
And, of course, Jaina had to stand in front of tulips, again. But this time, without the dress. Which, I guess is a good thing. Yesterday, I told her we were going to the Tulip Festival, but that, unfortunately, we would not be able to wear her dress, because it is with Grandma Judy in Pella. Her response, "That's okay, because if I did have to wear the dress, we would have a problem."
So, it was an enjoyable day. But at the end of the day, I would still pick Pella. Ask Mike's cousins, I am sure they would always pick the OC. :)

This one is my favorite....

No comments:
Post a Comment