So, back when I was pregnant (which, was four years ago), Mike and I would frequently go back and forth about what to name our unborn child.
Early on, he mentioned the name Jaina to me, and explained how to spell it. (Previously, I had only heard the name once, and it had been spelled with a y instead of an i.) So I asked him where he got it. Turns out, he got it from a book.
And now you all get to learn the Groen's deep dark secret? What is the name of said book where Jaina's name came from?
It is Star Wars.
If you follow the Star Wars story (after episodes 4, 5, and 6, that is), Han Solo and Leia Organa (Skywalker) fall in love and get married (that is not a surprise.) They proceed to have twins.
Any guess as to the names? That's right, Jaina & Jacen. And odd, Mike's other suggestion for a boys' name was none other than Jacen. Hmmm. (In case you care, they named their third child Anakin, after Leia's twisted, self-absorbed, diabolical father, aka Darth Vader)
So tonight, I decided, how many Jaina's are there? So I googled her name. Turns out, there aren't that many. But there is a LOT Of information on her namesake, who albeit fake, has quite a life story.

Jaina's first light saber?
So, for those of you who are fans of Star Wars, I can no longer call you geeks. I am one of you....
But hey, at least it looks like I have the force with me......always.
Nah, it's just a bracelet
No comments:
Post a Comment