Monday, January 26, 2009

Jaina-isms

I apologize for the delay.........

It has been crazy, and Christmas, and January, and frankly, I just get tired.

But Jaina just says the funniest things....

I have to admit, her being an only child is probably what does it. She tries to interject herself into adult conversations, convinced that she knows exactly what is going on.....

Here are some examples....

********************************************************************************
Daddy dearest?

One night, before I got home from work, Jaina was asking her father, "Daddy, someday, when I am older, will I get to become a mom?"

to which Mike replied, "Yes, someday when you are a LOT older, you can become a mom. And then I get to be a grandpa."

At this, Jaina broke down. She went into hysterics, and couldn't control herself. This is when I got home from work. I asked her what was wrong, and she said, "Mom, I want to be a big sister."

"Um, okay..." Was my reply, with a confused look at Mike. What had they been discussing?

Mike explained the whole conversation, to which Jaina started crying again.

I said, "Jaina, Daddy will always be your dad, no matter what..."

And she said, "But he can't be a grandpa. Because I would miss my daddy."

It made my heart melt. And then she made me promise to never become a sister, aunt, or grandma. So Alayna, Baby Hegwood, and Leo, we will have to keep that a secret, okay?

********************************************************************
Jaina's Bailout?

Last week, before the inauguration, Jaina and I were getting ready in the morning, and the CBS early show came on. They started discussing the inauguration, and Obama's new bailout plan.

this is when Jaina decided to be all adult. "Mom," she started,"The president needs a lot of money."

"Oh Jaina," I replied, "You have no idea."

"Well," she started, "I have 65 I could give him."

"Jaina, honey, he needs closer to $65 trillion."

She looked at me and said, "Mom, I don't have that much."

I looked at her and said, "No one does, honey."

**********************************************************************************
The True location of Jesus, revealed...

We went to a late Christmas program after the new year. (Due to inclement weather, it couldn't be held before Christmas).

During the program, Jaina whispered, "Mom, who is in that basket up there?" (She was pointing to the manger, by the way.)

I said "Jaina, that is the baby Jesus."

And her reply "Mom, Jesus is not in there, he is in our hearts." "Duh."

Okay, I got it......

********************************************************************************

And lately, she makes up the weirdest analogies..... I have no idea where they come from. Here is a sampling:

  • I’m stuffed like a chicken
  • My horse is as hungry as a rat
  • I am colder than a bunny’s nose; AND
  • Our personal favorite: I'm so upset, I'm like a kangaroo hopping mad
Seriously, I can't make this stuff up.

No comments: