Thursday, September 27, 2012

8 years ago... in a galaxy not very far away

A little baby girl, Jaina LuAnn Groen, was born.

It is hard to imagine how quickly eight years can fly.  Truth be told, there are plenty of times the minutes crawled by..(like at 2 AM with a colicky baby), but every other moment, flown.

For her eighth birthday, Jaina struggled to decide on a birthday cake. For weeks, she wanted a ballerina cake. So for weeks I pondered how on earth I was going to make a ballerina cake.

The night before, unfortunately, she changed her mind. She decided that she wanted a Star Wars cake.  Well, okay......

I sent Mike on a Wal-Mart run, and lo and behold, he came back with Star Wars toys. The boys in the house were pretty giddy at this prospect.

And the cake turned out pretty well.....


We had her party at Grandma and Grandpa Groen's farm.  There was more space, and time to be outside.... and we had fireworks.

 
 
Here are all of the kids together.  Somewhat posed...
 
 
 
Happy Birthday Jaina!
 
 


No comments: