Tuesday, December 6, 2011

So what is new with you?

What is new with us?  Not much, it has been a pretty typical December.   Busy Busy Busy with all sorts of things Christmas related, and trying to get other stuff done in between.

So, to go back a few steps.  Jackson has never been a super happy kid. Since 6 weeks old, he has been CRABBY.  There are a lot of days in which this feels like ALL he is. To be completely truthful, there are a lot of times I have difficulty remembering when he was NOT crabby.

But he turned 1, and I thought we might turn a corner. Turned out he had some pretty severe reflux, and because it had gone on a long time, he had some pain. Several weeks of therapy later, and he started eating pudding.  For those of you who have never had to experience this, this is actually progress. And now we have moved on to a lot of other things, but he has NEVER been a huge eater.

So we move to this weekend. Jackson was crabby (not all that surprising), not sleeping through the night (Jaina did this at a similar age), and not eating (again, reflux.)  So I thought we would get through it, but he just kept getting worse. So I took him to accute care, and lo and behold, he has strep. 

The guilt I feel is pretty strong. Where were my instincts? Why did I not think to check it out this weekend?  Why did I wait until Mike told me?

I try not to beat myself up too much. We do the best we can, right?

Anyway, that's where my head is at this evening. Sorry for the downer.

No comments: