Wednesday, December 28, 2011

What could have been....

I don't know if anyone else every walks down memory lane, since the year is ending, it is always a good time to wax nostalgic.

Growing up, I knew exactly the type of man I would marry. He would be blond, incredibly good looking, perfect teeth, and very preppy. After he was done growing up, he would see the error of his ways from chasing "models" and attention starved children, to see that I was perfect wife material.

Together, we would explore the world, one country at a time, and I would be whisked to exotic places like California, and New Hampshire. And we would have perfect blond haired, blue eyed children, and life would be perfect. He would be athletic, and did I mention preppy?  Totally dug preppy. They were the "good" boys.

And the man I did marry?

Blond?  Nope, except as an infant
Incredibly good looking? To me, yes, Check
Perfect teeth? Um, not exactly, but mine aren't either, and dental insurance rocks
Preppy? Never in a million years

Exotic Travel?  Kind of, but only through hard work, no whisking away here.
Perfect blond haired, blue eyed children?  Nope, but I did get perfect for me children with the MOST beautiful brown eyes, the kind you want to melt into. (And impossible to say no to, I might add.)
Athletic?  As in, likes watching?  Then check.
Preppy?  Again, heck no.

So, in a typical movie, here would be the segue into what the "other" guy is doing. Scanning through hundreds of "potentials" on the internet, this is what my "dream" husband is up to these days...

 - Taking constant pictures of himself.
 - Fake tanning, and bleaching his teeth.
 - Still chasing the perfect woman
 - Spending obscene amounts of money on things I would hate
 - Showing off children to ensure that "Hey, see how much they look like me?"

My actual husband is....

 - Being a good father to our two children
 - Supporting me in my day to day activities, and constantly building me up
 - Showing me what it means to be a loving partner, spouse, and man of God
 - Showing me exotic adventures, even if it is just picking up toys at the end of a long day
 - Being my best friend.

So, if you ever even think that God doesn't know what he is doing, trust me, He does.

I love you Mike!









No comments: