Here enters a few posts where I try to outline the experience that we are calling out family vacations.
Now growing up, my parents took my sister and myself all over the Midwest for family vacations. And we had a great time. At least from what I remember we did. Now having taken my own children on some trips, I would love to hear my parents recollection of these events.
But this summer, we decided to venture to St. Louis. The best part is my parents are about halfway so e had a place to stop for a night or two each way an give the kids a break. (I will let you decide which "kids" needed the break!
But before we even got on "vacation" mode. We seemed doomed from the start. Let me tell you why.....
The night before we left Pella, Mike hurt his back. I cannot tell you how what when where why, but suffice it to say, he could not move. He is laying on our bed crying out in pain. I had no idea what to do.
Finally, mama Erica took over. I told Mike that we were going to the emergency room. So off to the Pella ER we went. After a check out and some medicine, we were back at my parents, not having any idea what Monday would hold, or even if we would be leaving for St. Louis.
Holding my breath on Monday, Mike woke up feeling significantly better. So we decided to go for it. We packed up the car, got some gas, and out of town we went.
Wait for the next post for more....
No comments:
Post a Comment