Saturday, August 18, 2012

Vacation part two

So. We are in our road trip. We decide to stop at Pancake City in kirksville, Missouri. Supposedly it was famous, but we failed to see the luster.

The adventure was after we ate. When we got back into the car, I noticed I missed a call in my phone?

So, recognizing that this was a Pella number, I decided to call it back. So I did, and this was the conversation:


Me: hello this is Erica Groen and you called me?

Lady: Oh, just one moment (transfer ensues).

Man answers: hello, this is detective xxxxxx (cannot remember his name)

{mental thought here: OH CRAP!}

Detective: did you happen to pay for your gas this morning?

Me: I think so?

So, detective xxxx proceeds to explain that when we got gas that morning, we drove off without paying. They got our license plate from a camera, from some amazing detective work, found my mother, which is how they got my cell phone number.

So we look at the receipt, and sure enough we had paid for breakfast, but not for the gas. Keep in mind that we were the ONLY car getting gas at he time. So Mike assumed that that he had also paid for that.

So after hearing our story the detective asked if my mom could go pay so that they could close the file. So now I had to call my mom:

Me: Mama! I am a fugitive of he law!

Mom: I know! Thy have an APB on you! Laughing ensues.


But she agrees to pay my bill.

Close calls on the Groen family